The challenge: evaluate every dream you can ever remember having, and find out why it failed.
This challenge wasn’t meant to turn into the blame game. Not to call up your parents and blame them for not enabling your dream to be a stunt artist. Instead, I hope it helped you realize that 99% of your dreams were stopped by the opinions of others or lack of confidence in yourself. The other 1% is for those dreams that are in fact physically impossible at this point in time or possibly ever, such as touching the sun without dying or finding Krypton.
Your dreams are not impossible due to situation or status in life. If it was truly your dream to open up a bakery and you knew that would make you the most happy, then why aren’t you doing it? Who is stopping you from at least starting? If you want to be someone that leaves the workplace every day respected by those around you, then what and who is stopping you? Remember dreams do not have to be outlandish or outside of your current realm.
This week’s challenge was to hopefully open your eyes enough to see that the only person that ever stopped you from following your dreams that eventually failed was you.
This should empower you! This should help you see that your dream is attainable. Don’t let the red tape stop you. If you still want your master’s degree, why aren’t you going after it? Don’t have enough time? If your dream matters that much to you, you’ll make time. As was said last week, if you want to die happy, live happy. Don’t take this as an invitation to live recklessly, but instead take it as an invitation to find a passion again that lifts you out of mediocrity and routine. When you wake, do up you wake up looking forward to something you dream of doing or someone you dream of becoming? Mediocrity is the lack of passion for doing something you love.
Don’t waste time being mediocre. As it was said last week. Mediocrity-living without a dream – is your choice.